Thursday, March 3, 2011

33 weeks!



How big is baby?
He should be gaining about a half pound every week, so in theory he would be just under 5 pounds and about 19 inches long this week.
What is baby up to?
His lungs had a major step in development this week. He is preparing for the outside world. His immune system is also developing this week.
Movement
He enjoys kicking anything that touches the belly. It's fun to watch.
Blood pressure
Up until last night, it was still hovering in the 130s/80s. Unfortunately, it decided to spike at 161/106 so we had to make a trip to the hospital last night.
Update
Doctor appointment went well yesterday, but then my blood pressure spiked last night. I was feeling quite nauseous and had a terrible headache, so I checked it, and I'm glad I did. Anything over 160/100 means a call to L&D. I called and they said to come right in. They hooked me up to monitors to make sure everything was ok with the baby. His heart rate was good and he was kicking like crazy. And trying to kick the monitor off my belly.

The blood pressure went back down to its normal range, and my labs came back clear. I had quite a few contractions while on the monitors, but the nurse said they were probably from all the activity of coming into the hospital. I was monitored for about 2 hours, and we finally got home around 3:30 this morning.

I'm still feeling a little off today, but it's probably from a lack of restful sleep last night. Hoping for an uneventful night. And several more weeks before we have to go back to the hospital.
Simon says, "I'm sleepy too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment