Wednesday, March 23, 2011

36 weeks!

 Bare belly...
How big is baby?
He is about 19-21 inches long and weighs around 6 pounds.
What is he up to?
Just about all of his major organ systems are fully developed. His lungs will mature a little more in the next few weeks, and his digestive system will be ready for food.
Blood pressure
Pretty steady this week, 130s/80s.
Appointments
I had my weekly NST this morning. The nurse said he's still a "happy baby," and his heart is doing just what it is supposed to. I had blood drawn again, and my platelets dropped again, this time to 154. The lowest "normal" number is 150. When it drops below 150, it is an indication that the preeclampsia is getting worse. My OB didn't seem too concerned about it, so that makes me feel better. Otherwise, nothing too exciting. She will be out of town next week, so I'm hoping for boring news until she comes back.
Outing
My nurse let us leave the hospital a little early because it was so nice out today, so I got to experience something other than appointments for the first time in a while. We had lunch at Jimmy John's (yum!) and stopped at a consignment store close to my OB office. We were hoping to find a swing, and got lucky. Someone had just dropped off a nice swing, so I asked the staff about it and they checked it out for us right away. Really good deal: $50 for a swing that sells for $160 in stores. 

My OB appointment was after our little outing, and my blood pressure was nice and low when we got there. Must have been the 60 degree weather!

Cats
Kitty sleeping between my legs and the pillow on the couch:

Simon on the couch by Jared, face down:

And our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment