Wednesday, March 30, 2011

37 weeks!

Full term!

How big is baby?
He is about 6 1/2 pounds and pretty much full grown length-wise - about 19-21 inches long. My little watermelon!
What is baby up to?
Practicing all the things he will get to do in the outside world, including blinking, sucking, swallowing, "breathing," hiccuping, stretching, and wiggling.
Blood pressure
Holding steady for the most part 130s/80s. It peaked into the 140s/90s a few times this past week, with the highest at 152/95. Not high enough to go in, but definitely high enough to be uncomfortable.
Appointment update
My OB is on vacation this week, so I saw her nurse practitioner. She was very nice. Apparently, the spots I have been seeing in my vision can be from low iron. My last labs showed I was on the low end of normal for iron, so she recommended starting an iron supplement. She said the liquid iron is more easily absorbed than a pill form. She definitely didn't tell me how nasty the stuff tastes. Not looking forward to taking that twice a day.
NST
I had my NST after my appointment, so we headed into the hospital again. My OB forgot to leave orders to take labs, but we convinced the nurse that it's probably a good idea because my platelets were dropping. She eventually did the labs, and my platelets are the same as last week. Actually one point higher, but that isn't significant for anything. Good news is it's still above 150. She didn't say anything about the heart beat on the NST, so I'm assuming no news is good news on that. My only other concern was my lovely toes. They are swelling, turning purple, and quite painful. There was no doctor to look at them, so the charge nurse did instead. She was concerned, but nobody really had any advice other than to elevate my legs. Oh, and stay on bedrest. Helpful. Hopefully I'll hear more next week if my toes don't fall off by then. Jared took a picture, but I think I'll spare the world from seeing them.
Kitty
She's so sweet and cuddly.
Other than that, we have made it to full term. Jared and I are as ready as we'll ever be for baby to make his grand entrance. Now we just have to play the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment