Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bed Rest

My blood pressure was still up at my appointment yesterday, so I am now officially on strict bed rest. I am allowed a shower and one trip down/up stairs per day, but will spend every other moment laying down. 

We were basically told that we'll be lucky to make it to 35 weeks. Too early for me. I'll do my best to relax and keep him inside as long as possible. The only problem is if my symptoms get worse, they'll have to deliver immediately.

I have another appointment with my regular OB on Monday, and a growth ultrasound on Wednesday. She said that if he isn't growing, there is no reason for him to stay inside. Here's to hoping for a big baby on Wednesday. 

I have to schedule an appointment with a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist (high-risk doctor), to meet just in case I would need to deliver early. Unfortunately, anything before 34 weeks can't be done at my hospital. I would need to go to either Tacoma General or St. Joseph in Tacoma, where they are prepared to take care of preemies in the NICU.  

Good news is that he is still kicking like crazy, and our cats are being extra cuddly to make the time go by. Jared is a cooking and cleaning machine, in addition to running his business and keeping up with homework. Can't wait until I can join in the fun again.

2 comments:

  1. Our thoughts & prayers are with you! Hang in there!

    ~Jordan & Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Doing my best to relax!

    ReplyDelete