Monday, January 17, 2011

27 weeks!

Pictures will be loaded later - my photographer (Jared) is upstairs working and I'm resting and watching The Office.

How big is baby?
He is about 15 inches long and weighs about 2 pounds. I will be having a growth ultrasound on Wednesday, so I'll know exactly how big he is at that appointment.
What is baby up to?
He is able to suck his thumb, strengthening all of the muscles important to eating. He can even cry, but we won't hear him for quite some time!
Movement?
Still all over. Loving my ribs, and whenever I eat something spicy.
Blood pressure
Thought I'd add this since I'm monitoring it all the time. At the appointment today, it was down a little to 148/72. Most of my measurements at home are in the 115-125/70-85 range. As long as it stays below 160/100, all is well. Still no protein, which is an excellent sign.
Update
After the ultrasound on Wednesday, I will have a 1 hour glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes, in addition to blood tests to check levels of everything else related to preeclampsia.
Cuteness update
Kitty sleeping in Jared's window while he works:
 Kitty curled up, resting her head on my belly last night:
She has been great at keeping me company while I'm laying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment