Half way done!
Kitty decided to pose with me in this one...
How big is baby?
Our little guy is the size of a cantaloupe, about 6.5 inches long and 10 ounces.
Movement?
Still kicking, rolling, and twisting all the time.
Belly button?
Still in. Whew.
Cravings?
Oranges. I also ate a lot of pasta to get ready for the race yesterday. I read that he's already tasting what I eat through the amniotic fluid, so I'm going to make sure our little guy LOVES fruits and veggies, unlike his father (sorry Jared)!
Best moment of the week?
Finishing the Seattle Half Marathon in 2:21:58. Faster than I thought I would run. It was a beautiful course. I had been warned about the hills, and must have talked them up so much to myself that they didn't seem that bad when I actually ran up them. They were definitely steep, but this pregnant lady didn't stop running. The above picture is with my medal.
I went to the race with a few friends from my running group and had a lot of fun all day. The half marathon was first, so we cheered for the marathon runners after we finished. I'm usually running the marathon, so I never get a chance to cheer at the finish line. It was pretty exciting to see so many different people finish. Between the marathon and the half, there were about 17,000 participants.
After everybody finished, we went out to lunch in West Seattle at Talarico's Pizzeria & Lounge, home of the 14-inch slice of pizza. One runner in our group decided to order an entire pizza (and try to eat it all). It was bigger than our table. The waitress set it up on a stand, and they had to eat with their plates under the pizza. He ate 5.5 pieces. I was impressed after getting full off of a single slice. I took a picture on my phone (apologies for the blur and all...).
Looking forward to?
Three weeks left of work until winter break. I had a long Thanksgiving break due to snow days. No work on Tuesday or Wednesday (hooray for snow in the northwest), Thanksgiving break Thursday and Friday. It was really hard to convince myself to get out of bed so I could work at 7am today. But that winter break will be wonderful.


No comments:
Post a Comment