Tuesday, December 21, 2010

23 weeks!

I noticed I was wearing the same shirt, so I had to do a side-by-side comparison.

Here is the 23 week picture:
Don't mind the running clothes. I'm officially on a 2-week vacation and don't plan on looking nice unless I have to.
How big is baby?
The average 23 week baby is 11.4 inches long and weighs 1.1 pounds. The food size only changes every month now, so he's still the same size as a papaya. Just a little bigger one.
What is baby up to?
His lungs are developing rapidly this week, preparing for the outside world. He looks like a baby, just without much body fat. This is the earliest he could be born and have a chance of survival. I vote he stays inside for 17 more weeks.
Movement?
Making my belly jump. My new favorite hobby - watching my belly bounce all the time. This little guy loves to move. Jared caught me watching my belly. And apparently giving him an angry look as he took the picture.

Belly button?
Eerily flat.
Cravings?
Nothing specific. Just a lot of food. I am very excited to cook for the next 2 weeks - much more time to prepare food when I'm not working. 
Best moment of the week?
Hearing the heartbeat again yesterday. 158 and strong. He did enjoy running away from the doppler. My OB laughed at how active he was.
Looking forward to?
Christmas. Even if we're far away from everybody, I still love this time of the year.

Here's a rare photo of both cats cuddling with Jared. 

And cuddling with each other.
The cats had a vet checkup today and came home with the most adorable bandanas on.





No comments:

Post a Comment