Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our weekend

I've been having more and more swelling in my right foot all weekend. They looked at my foot at my appointment on Friday, but had no answers. I had more lab work and another NST because my blood pressure was high at the appointment again (156/92).

I woke up on Saturday and was unable to put weight on my foot, so I talked to the on-call doctor about it and he recommended I go in again. I had to go to the ER, and spent a wonderful 5 hours there being poked and prodded so they could try to figure out why my foot was so swollen. My blood pressure was up again when I got there (168/91). They did a vascular study on my foot, taking blood pressures at my ankles and toes to see if there was any change. Other than the fact that my foot hurts to the touch, it wasn't too bad. Just when they touched it, put the blood pressure cuffs on my toes, and inflated the cuffs. My lab work came back fine again, so it's not because of the preeclampsia. They did another NST to make sure baby is ok, and he is doing great. Their guess in the ER is that I have Raynaud's phenomenon in my feet, and my increasing blood pressure is causing restriction in the blood vessels in my feet, basically cutting off circulation. There is nothing they can do until after delivery because the medications to treat it are not safe during pregnancy.

Last night my foot hurt so much that I didn't fall asleep until 7am. I'm really hoping tonight is better. If not, I think that's a good hint to the doctor to deliver sooner than later. It can't be good for the baby or me to go without sleep for too many nights in a row.

I have a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. I'm glad she's back from vacation. My plan is to ask to be induced as soon as possible. I don't know what the answer will be, but I'm hoping sooner than later. After the appointment with my doctor, I have to schedule an appointment with a vascular specialist to address the foot issue and how they will be able to treat it...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment