I woke up with high blood pressure, and it remained high at my appointment this morning (163/106 and 166/100). I slept about an hour last night because my foot was so painful. I asked about the possibility of an induction because of my blood pressure and pain, but apparently the hospital has a policy of no "elective" inductions before 39 weeks. My blood pressure isn't bad enough for it to be medically necessary.
My OB prescribed a blood pressure medication (Nifedipine) and pain medication (Hydrocodone, a.k.a. Vicodin) to address my issues. She also sent me in for another NST, more lab work, and a 24-hour urine collection. Baby is still doing great, and my labs came back fine again. My platelets went up to 168. I'm running out of veins to use to draw blood, so the nurse hooked up an IV port on the side of my wrist by my thumb. I'm hoping the normal blood draw sites heal quickly, because that wasn't an experience I'd like to go through again.
After being released from the hospital, Jared and I had to go to the pharmacy and pick up my prescriptions. My foot was so swollen that I couldn't fit my boot on it, so the nurse at the hospital gave me a non-skid sock to wear instead. The highlight of my day was gimping through Rite-Aid to get my medication with a boot on one foot and a non-skid sock on the other.
I called to make an appointment with the vascular specialist, but before they can make an appointment, the specialist has to look over my chart from the ER on Saturday. He is in surgery all day today, so I'll hopefully hear back tomorrow about when I get to see him.
I have another OB appointment and another NST scheduled on Wednesday. My goal until then: SLEEP. Hopefully my two medications with side effects of dizziness and drowsiness will help me achieve my goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment