Friday, January 20, 2012

Ice

We lost power for 22 hours. It was cold. And dark. But we survived!

We are enjoying the time together on all my snow days. I've only worked one day this week! We played with many toys, read many books, and cuddled to stay warm.

Playing on Wednesday




Check out that hair!

We went for a walk to the grocery store with Miles in the Ergo carrier. The stroller definitely wouldn't have made it through the snow.
 The milk was pretty much cleaned out on Wednesday.
 The car on Wednesday.
 The tree outside our townhome.
A picture from my run on Wednesday. It was wonderful! Miles didn't get to join me. :(
Just before the power went out yesterday.

I went on a walk during Miles's nap yesterday afternoon around our townhome complex. So much ice, so many trees down.
 The ice is at least 1/4 inch thick on the branches, if not more.



 I saw a big branch fall from one of these tall trees. I definitely hurried when walking under them!

 Too much ice for this tree.
Ice on the lights.
 The tops of the trees are too heavy to stay up.



 These branches are normally above my head. Now they're touching the ground.

We walked to Puerto Vallarta for supper. It was so busy because everybody had the same idea as us with no power. Jared helped push 2 different cars that were stuck on the way to the restaurant. Good thing we didn't attempt to drive! It took forever to get a table and our food, but it was delicious! Miles even enjoyed Jared's shredded chicken and beans and rice! He probably wouldn't have enjoyed my spicy fajitas! The ice trees looked really cool on the way to the grocery store after supper.

Pictures from our walk.


Our source of light and heat when we got home.
 Miles enjoyed crawling around in the dark.
 And playing with Simon.

I woke up this morning to the heat turning on. It was a wonderful sound!  There are still close to 300,000 without power today. Hopefully they will get it back soon too.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys stayed safe :) We didn't lose power at all, but some areas of Moscow have had rolling blackouts. We didn't get as much ice, though (the Cascades ate the ice storm LOL) When did you get your Ergo? Don't you just LOVE it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it! I got it when we went to Portland last weekend. My back was starting to hurt if I had him in the Moby for too long. We couldn't have timed it better with the storms and all!

      Delete